August 4 (Opening Ceremony) to August 12 (Closing Ceremony)
Hockey Schedule: Preliminary round August 6-9, Finals August 10th
GG10 will have competitive and recreational divisions. BPH will enter a team in the rec division. There will be separate men’s and women’s tournaments; mixed teams play in men’s tournament
BPH Will register a team, and individuals will be responsible for their own registration.
Cergy, France (about 25 miles from the center of Paris)
- All levels are welcome to sign up.
- All players will receive equal ice time, excluding penalties and final minutes of close games/periods.
- A positive and supportive atmosphere on and off the ice.
- The team size is limited to 15 skaters. Any additional skaters will be considered alternates.
Right now we know of interest from Chicago, New York, Madison, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles & Calgary. Tournament organizers are also trying to form two European teams.
We know there are currently 60 registered skaters, but we do not know the skill levels or division composition. We know that historically, the recreational division has been the largest division. Four years ago the competitive division only had two teams.
We hope that by confirming BPH's commitment, we'll lead the way for other cities to get organised!
- Registration (general 195€ and sport 80€): $340 Total
- General registration fee includes: opening and closing ceremony, public transport pass, access to Gay Games Village, access to most sports, and more; general fee subject to increase
- Airfare/Travel (based on 8/3 to 8/13): $700+ roundtrip, not including baggage fees of $100+ each way; $65 taxi each way from Charles de Gaulle airport to/from hotel
- Lodging (double occupancy): Varies widely from $445 to $1,700+ depending on type and location. Option for lodging at Cité internationale universitaire de Paris for groups of 10 or more for $57 per person per night.
- Uniforms: Team Boston $30 for shirt for ceremonies (more optional items available); team jersey $50- Passport: For new $135 plus $60 for expedited service (if needed); existing passport needs to be valid for no less than 3 months beyond date of departure; no visa required (players are responsible for verifying they meet all criteria for entering France)
- Other Costs to Consider: food, entertainment, site seeing, shopping, etc.
THE DEADLINE TO SIGNUP FOR THE GAY GAMES IS SUNDAY, APRIL 1ST @ 11:59PM.
If you think that knowing the cost, the team level and team goals, you still want to participate in the Gay Games with BPH...